Elastic Mandibular Advancement Device
The EMA® is a simple, patient-friendly oral appliance for noninvasive treatment of snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Sleep Apnea is the temporary cessation of breathing during sleep. Sleep Apnea sufferers will often snore or awake gasping for breath. Apnea-related disturbances occur repeatedly, resulting in restless sleep and daytime drowsiness. The disease can cause serious health issues including increased blood pressure and the restriction of oxygen to the brain and blood stream. EMA is relatively less expensive than other oral appliance therapy for sleep apnea.
CORE FEATURES & BENEFITS
How It Works
- The EMA Oral Appliance from Myerson works by opening the bite and gently advancing the mandible with interchangeable elastic straps to increase airway space. This custom made oral appliance is only available through medical and dental professionals.
- The EMA is made from a proprietary thermoplastic polymer that delivers superior impact strength to acrylic at a lower cost than polycarbonate. With proper care, the EMA custom lab-fabricated appliance will effectively treat OSA for years.
- Increases airway space by advancing the mandible using interchangeable elastic straps. EMA elastic straps come in 9 different lengths and 4 different strengths. The shorter the ema elastic strap, the farther the mandible is advanced. 36 different straps allow for the most effective repositioning with maximum comfort.
- Elastic Straps allow normal lateral movement. Band length and strength vary.
- Lower cost than many other sleep apnea appliances.