The Diamond Digital Sleep Orthotic (DDSO) is a removable intraoral device used for the treatment of snoring and mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea. The device is innovative in terms of both design and fabrication and has several advantages over alternative sleep devices. The DDSO is custom-made using computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM). Each device is unique for unmatched comfort and effectiveness.
This appliance is effective for the treatment of snoring, mild to moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, and severe Obstructive Sleep Apnoea in patients that cannot tolerate CPAP
Core Features and Benefits!
- Mandibular Repositioning
- Repositions the mandible forward which brings the base of the tongue forward, opening the oropharynx and strengthening the upper airway. This results in greater resistance to airway collapse. By holding against the front teeth it uses the proprioceptive stimulation of the dentition to encourage the mandible to reposition in a gentle way.
- - Elastomeric straps allow for some lateral movement and prevent retrusion of the mandible.
- - Elastomeric straps are available in a range of sizes to allow for titration of the mandible.
- Maximum Intraoral Volume
- accomplishes dual action of mandibular repositioning and nasal dilation while maintaining maximum intraoral space for the tongue.
- Designed Digitally and 3D printed in white biocompatible Nylon allowing for a thinner, more comfortable, more durable appliance.
- Reduction of Forces on Teeth
- comes with an upper and lower splint that distributes the forces of repositioning throughout both arches.
- Optional occlusal schemes include: anterior, posterior, tripod or full coverage.
- - Digital design and fabrication allows for replacements to be made without new records, should the appliance be lost or damaged.