Diamond Digital Sleep Orthotic (DDSO)
DDSO shown with posterior occlusion.
DDSO with Removeable Tongue Positioners
Colors shown are for demonstration purposes only. All printed orthotics come in white nylon.
Clean & Simple
Anterior Contact, no tongue positioners
DDSO: Multiple Options Available
Anterior contact-only shown below. Also available: ON-Loop, Tripod, Tripod +1, Posterior contact-only.
The Diamond Digital Sleep Orthotic (DDSO) is a removable intraoral device intended to reduce or alleviate snoring and mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in adults. The device functions as a mandibular repositioner, maintaining the lower jaw in a forward, (protrusive) position during sleep. This mechanical protrusion acts to increase the patient’s pharyngeal space and decrease air turbulence, therefore improving their ability to exchange air during sleep.
The device is innovative in terms of both design and fabrication and has several advantages over alternative sleep devices. The DDSO is custom-made using computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM). Each device is unique for unmatched comfort and effectiveness.
FDA Approved for the treatment of snoring and/or obstructive sleep apnea in adults.
CORE FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Mandibular Repositioning
- Repositions the mandible forward which brings the base of the tongue forward, opening the oropharynx and strengthening the upper airway. This results in greater resistance to airway collapse. By holding against the front teeth it uses proprioceptive stimulation of the dentition to encourage the mandible to reposition in a gentle way.
- - Elastomeric straps allow for lateral movement and prevent retrusion of the mandible.
- - Elastomeric straps are available in a range of sizes to allow for titration of the mandible.
- Maximum Intraoral Volume
- Accomplishes dual action of mandibular repositioning while maintaining maximum intraoral space for the tongue.
- - CAD/CAM design: white biocompatible PA2200 (Nylon) allows for a thinner, more comfortable and durable appliance.
- Reduction of Forces on Teeth
- Comes with an upper and lower splint that distributes forces throughout both arches.
- Optional occlusal schemes include: anterior, posterior, tripod +1 or full coverage.
- - Digital design and fabrication allows replacements to be made without new records, should the appliance be lost or damaged.